Enhanced Brand Content (Seller) or A+ Content (Vendor) is all about adding rich content that helps sell trust, showcase your product USPs and cross sell your other products. A+ Content and Amazon EBC is a method for sellers to increase their Amazon listing conversion rates and therefore sales.
A+ Content for Vendors
Amazon A+ content is available for first party (1P) vendors on Amazon and features high-quality images and copy. In short, A+ content better conveys the value of the product/brand through the use of multimedia.
According to data from Amazon, using A+ Content will increase 3%–10% conversion rate, by using visuals and words to describe story of your brands and values of products.
Conversion rates can improve as a direct result of A+ content, specifically comparison charts which provide shoppers with a visual feature comparison of the vendor’s products.
How do I get started?
Log into Vendor Central and hover over the Merchandising Tab. Select “A+ Detail Pages” from the dropdown.
Select either the Self-Service module or the Amazon Builds for You module.
- If you select the Self-Service module, you will be brought to a page that allows you to enter an ASIN. Here you will enter the ASIN of the product you’ve chosen for A+ content.
- On the same page, you will need to enter a project name. Add a descriptive name for your project. You will likely want to include either the product title, ASIN or both in the name. Click Continue once you are done.
- Next, you will design your page layout. Drag and drop the elements from the left-hand column to the right that you want to use for your page. There are a total of 12 different modules, so play around and figure out what will work best for the specific product. You can select up to five modules per product page.
- Once you select the styles you want to use and are happy with your layout, click Continue.
- Next, you will upload your images and content, and then preview your design to see exactly what consumers will see when they look at your product detail page.
- Carefully review the preview page and make any necessary changes.
- Lastly, select “add to cart” to see the pricing and purchase the A+ content. You’re done!
If you choose the Amazon Builds for You module, simply enter the ASIN and upload a zip file with the content you would like included.
Amazon indicates it can take up to seven days for them to approve your A+ content submission after it is purchased.
With more than half of all online shoppers starting their product searches on Amazon, optimizing your product detail pages should be a key focus. Adding A+ Content to your listings provides a better buyer experience, increases customer engagement and has been shown to boost sales.
Enhanced Brand Content (EBC) for Sellers
Enhance Brand Content (EBC) is similar to A+ Content, the difference is that with EBC your account has to have Amazon Brand Registry.
What is Amazon Enhanced Brand Content (EBC)?
Enhanced Brand content or the EBC is an Amazon feature that enables brand owners to modify the product description with visually rich content. It allows sellers to add enhanced images and text placements that convey a brand story.
How to create Enhanced Brand Content?
- Login to your Seller Central account, click on ‘Advertising.’ From the drop-down click on ‘Enhanced Brand Content’.
- Then you are prompted to choose the SKU representing the ASIN of the product you want to use the EBC listing. Once you choose the SKU, Amazon offers predefined templates with image and text slots.
Choose the Amazon Enhanced Brand Content template which will enable you to convey the content in an appealing yet clear way. Upload the images and the text content and submit it for verification. Once Amazon approves your content, it will be made live on your product listing page.
How long does it take for the listing to be approved?
Usually, the review and approval can take up to a week. After the review, the status will be reflected on the Enhanced Brand Content home page. If your content does not get approved, you can view the rejection reasons by clicking Edit for a specific SKU.
Below is an example of A+ Content and Enhanced Brand Content (EBC).
Tell your brand story, showcase your products and upsell. Enhanced Brand Content (Seller) or A+ Content (Vendor) is essential to converting and building customer trust.