Are you a seller on Amazon and want to get seller fulfilled prime but are unsure how to go about it? This article is for you.
What is Seller Fulfilled Prime?
Prime is a service, for a flat annual fee, customers can get unlimited orders delivered to their door in two days. Amazon customers know that if they see the Prime logo on an item, they will get fast, free, reliable deliveries. Because of this, Prime items have higher sales and ranking.
As a seller, if you wanted to be a part of the Prime program, you had to put your inventory into the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program. It can be expensive, and it is not the best option for some products.
Amazon has made it easier for sellers by introducing Seller Fulfilled Prime, a program that allows qualified sellers to get the Prime badge on their products and deliver directly to Prime subscribers using their shipping operation.
For the UK, currently, Amazon Shipping, DPD and Royal Mail are the supported carriers for Seller Fulfilled Prime.
The Seller Fulfilled Prime programme, currently offered to high-performing sellers with exceptional fulfilment capabilities. The enrolment contains three stages: Invitation, Trial and Graduation to Prime
In the UK, the eligibility requirements are:
- Have a warehouse/default shipping address located in mainland UK.
- Have an account with a professional selling plan, and the account must be active and in good standing.
- You must be able to ship at least 10-20 packages a day (50-100 a week) with Amazon Shipping.
- You must have a Royal Mail Business Account with access to Royal Mail’s Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 services.
Once you have met those criteria, you will proceed to the trial. During this trial, you will have to process at least 25 Prime orders, with a less than 1% order-cancellation rate and 99% on-time shipment rate. This requirement is subject to change at Amazon’s discretion.
Also during the trial, the Prime badge isn’t displayed on your items, and sellers must ship SFP– If the seller completes the trial period they get to join the SFP program and, at this point, the Prime badge will show on their products.
To maintain Seller Fulfilled Prime status, sellers must:
- Continue to offer Premium Shipping options
- Have an On-Time Shipment Rate of 99%
- Have a seller order Cancellation Rate of less than 0.5%
- Use Amazon Buy Shipping for at least 98.5% of orders
- Use an Amazon-approved carrier to deliver orders
- Agree and adhere to the Amazon Returns Policy
- Allow Amazon to handle all customer service inquiries